Alexander Technique Lesson in Ebisu, Tokyo
Welcome to AOKI METHOD-Alexander Technique Lesson
Go to trial lesson application Private session, ¥4,950 for 45 min.
Here is an Alexander Technique lesson studio in Ebisu, Tokyo. This studio helps persons who want to:
- checkEase back pain including neck, shoulder, and lower back
- checkGet better posture and better way of walking
- checkGet rid of excessive strain, stage fright
- checkImprove performance such as musical instrument performance, singing, sports, dance, acting, communication
Your use affects function
Many people carry an excessive burden on themselves due to their posture or movement patterns. What’s worse is that people often remain unaware of these issues. These burdens can lead to physical discomfort and hinder one’s true potential. The Alexander Technique offers a solution to these problems. By learning this technique you become aware of habitual reactions accompanied by unnecessary muscle tension, allowing you to interrupt them and move or rest in a more comfortable state.
Effective for addressing physical issues and enhancing performance
- checkchronic pain such as low back pain, stiffness in the shoulders, neck pain
- checkperson who is easily to be tensed
- checkperson that doesn’t have confidence in posture and walking
- checkperson with the symptom of stammering and the stuttering
- checkMusical instrument performance
- checkHorseback riding
- checkVarious therapists
I’m pleased to say my condition has improved considerably.
- “I’ve suffered chronic pain due to a herniated disk in my lower back for more than one year. I went to a chiropractor as well as an orthopedist, but still never really got rid of the pain. Finally, I grew tired of taking so much prescribed medicine and physical therapy, and started looking for an alternative.
- Online research led me to The Alexander Technique, so I decided to visit Aoki-san’s studio for a trial lesson. I was very impressed with how he explained that by altering my posture, movements, and speech to more natural positions, I could ease or eventually eliminate my back pain.
- After finishing the 12 lesson course, I’m pleased to say my condition has improved considerably. What I liked most is how Aoki-san would listen to what had been troubling me since the previous lesson, then spend that class in a very practical way, finding solutions to what had triggered painful spasms. I learned how to correctly carry and use my body during everyday tasks, such as: sitting in a chair or on the floor, walking (sometimes with a backpack or baggage), standing on the subway, riding a bicycle, typing on a keyboard, driving a car…even speaking!
- I can highly recommend MIWAZA Lesson to anyone who suffers from chronic aches and pains.”
Paul’s teaching methods are remarkably simple, clear and effective.
- “Paul’s teaching methods are remarkably simple, clear and effective. I enjoyed how he describes how we can use our support, the support structures of our bodies in a more advantageous way, than we do usually do in our familiar patterns. I found myself connecting with the floor through my feet. This is the foundation for the rest of my body. He illustrated clearly that I am a 3 dimensional expanding and contracting structure, and that if I hold tension, especially in my abdominal muscles, this interferes with my breathing in a very obvious way. I experienced this, in a little walking exercise and found that I was able to release a sense of contraction in my abdominal muscles and my breathe deepened. It felt great. I was also able to sense how if I contracted in the abdomen, this would lead to a downward contraction in my torso and pull my head back and down. This way of working indirectly, through the abdominal muscles to release my neck was new to me.
- Paul also observed that I habitually expend excess energy and undermine my support in my habitual walk. He showed me how I was bending my knees on the heel strike and the flat foot phase of my walk. I learned that by having my knees engages a more extended tone during these phases led me to having more contact with the floor, right up through my entire structure and it was also more mechanically advantageous.
- All of the above in about 20 minutes.
- I think Paul has a profound understanding of how the body works as a whole and a great talent in the field of Alexander technique teaching. It is rare to come across someone who can articulate ideas so clearly that learning is quick and effortless. I think he has the potential to help many, many people with posture, mechanical back pain issues, or anyone who feels that they are holding bodily tension. I would highly recommend him as a teacher.”
I have experienced life-changing progress.
Go to trial lesson application Private session, ¥4,950 for 45 min.
Paul Aoki – Alexander Technique Teacher
Paul Aoki is a certified Alexander Technique teacher and a member of Japan Alexander Technique Society (JATS). He has his own studio called “AOKI METHOD” in Ebisu, Tokyo, where he has been practicing privately since 2010. In addition, he has taught at J. F. Oberlin University, various fitness and bodywork studios, and a private guitar school. He has conducted workshops at the AT congresses in both Limerick, Ireland and Chicago, US. Through Facebook and YouTube, he has shared his original ideas and approach with teachers/trainees around the world.
Paul Aoki employs a unique teaching approach in the AT. He has written an online report titled “An advantageous way of using our body,” which describes the concept of advantageous use in relation to the Alexander Technique. His blog, “Advantageous Intention” (Blog in English)“, provides further explanations and skills derived from his original ideas. He has studied teaching skills under various experienced teachers, including Jeremy Chance, Rosa Luisa Rossi, Cathy Madden, Sarah Barker, Lucia Walker, Vivien Mackie, and Tommy Thompson.
Since 2014, Paul Aoki’s book on the Alexander Technique with his original ideas has been published and has sold over 11,000 copies, making it the best-selling book on the Alexander Technique in 2015-16. A Chinese translated version (in Traditional Chinese) has also been published in Taiwan and Hong Kong. Additionally, Paul Aoki has translated Richard Brennan’s book “The Alexander Technique Workbook” into Japanese and contributes to helping Japanese audiences understand the technique.
Studio in Ebisu, Tokyo
Studio is located in Ebisu, Tokyo and 9 min. walk from East Exit of JR Ebisu Station.
5-5 Ebisu 3 cyou-me, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0013 〒150-0013 東京都渋谷区恵比寿3-5-5
|Wed 13:00-20:25 Thu 13:00-20:25 Fri 11:00-18:35 Sat 11:00-18:35
Address problems through a course of lessons
It can be challenging to break free from long-standing habits. It typically requires more than 10 lessons to find a solution. I recommend a 12-session course to address this effectively. I also provide online lessons(ZOOM). The cost for in-person lessons@Ebisu studio and online lessons is the same. If you are interested in taking online lessons, please check the “Online lesson” box in the application form below.
|Number of lessons
|Private session, 45 min/lesson
|¥89,760 (¥7,480 per lesson, tax included)
|¥3,300 (tax included)
Begin with a trial lesson
Gain some experience with a trial lesson. During this lesson, you can become aware of any disadvantageous habits that may be placing a burden on your body or limiting your performance. If you would like to book a trial lesson, please fill out the application form below.
|Private session, 45 min
|¥4,950 (tax included)